Skegness branch in the 1970`s
photographs by M.A. King)
Left - East Lincs line seen from Skegness
bound train as it diverges away eastwards from Firsby station.
Right - Firsby East Junction ex GNR somersault signals.
First station on the branch after Firsby
is Thorpe Culvert showing a signalbox subsiding into the Lincolnshire
A more recent view of Thorpe Culvert with
new box and barrier crossing in place. 27/4/03
A nice view of Wainfleet station looking
towards Skegness. 16/3/73
Wainfleet signalbox and level crossing
The main station buildings on the down
platform at Wainfleet. 4/4/70
Looking back from a Skegness train at Wainfleet. 4/4/70
Next station along the branch is
Havenhouse - note padlocked barrows.
Havenhouse down platform 16/9/73
A later picture of Havenhouse - with
empty fire buckets! 4/4/70
Havenhouse up platform waiting rooms.
A well kept signalbox on the down line
Havenhouse seen from the train showing
the very rural location. 4/4/70
Seacroft station, only 2.5 miles from
Skegness, closed in December 1953.
This view shows the very short platform
at Seacroft. 16/9/73
In 1964 the signal box had its lever
frame removed and was demoted to a refuge for the crossing keeper.
In 1980 the gates were replaced by
automatic barriers. 16/9/73