The link to Network Rail metals from the
exchange sidings is via the gate and across the level crossing seen on
right of picture.
A view from the rear of the railbus of
the exchange sidings which are used by Colas locomotives bringing the
bitumen wagons from Lindsey Refinery.
The private owner siding seen from the
railbus, with the recently shunted bitumen tanks in view.
The railway has a large, well laid out
museum, with many of their approximately 60 locos on show.
This is the view from the station cafe as we enjoyed out coffee and
BR Ivatt loco no 46441 in the museum
Left: Hunslet Austerity
built during World War 2, and worked in France to help with the war
Right: Peckett 0-6-0ST No. 1636 'Fonmon', built for Aberthaw &
Bristol Channel Portland Cement Co Ltd.
Andrew Barclay 1969/1929 'JN Derbyshire'
from Carlisle Plaster & Cement Company (now British Gypsum)
and worked at their Cocklakes Works, near Cumwhinton.