1946 Hudswell Clarke Steam Locomotive. No. 1742 Millom, named after the Millom & Askham Haematite & Iron Co.
where it worked from 1957 to 1968, seen at Lincolnshire Wolds Railway on Sun 12th Oct 2008.
This 0-4-0 locomotive is normally resident at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre and is seen at the present northern limit
of operation, whilst on loan to the LWR.
The train pauses briefly at the limit sign before reversing back to Ludborough station.
Looking north from the present limit the crossing gates at North Thoresby station can be seen beyond the works train stock.
North Thoresby station platform on 12/10/08. Buffer stop will be fitted soon.
North Thoresby platform looking south towards Ludborough. Note signalling already in place.
Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn 0-6-0ST "Moorbarrow" (built 1955) seen at Ludborough shed
also on 12/10/08. This loco has just been returned to steam and is receiving attention to the safety valves.