The loco shed at Ludborough looking decidedly empty!
Visiting locomotive Aspinall 0-6-0 no. 1300 shunts a tank wagon...
...and then runs back to shed. This class of loco was the standard freight loco of the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
and was designed by John Aspinall. 484 were built between 1889 - 1918 at Horwich works.
Peckett 0-4-0 "Fulstow" shunts Swedish Class B loco, and then is positioned in front of shed.
Barclay 0-4-0 "Spitfire" in adjacent shed road.
The L&Y loco in position at side of shed proudly wearing a 40C Louth shed plate.
It is the first tender locomotive to work on the LWR since it reopened.
View of all 3 locos as night falls.
"Spitfire" & "Fulstow" with lifting safety valves.
It`s "proper" dark now as 1300 is caught in the floodlighting.
The wind is getting up now as the steam from the safety valves shows.
The view looking back towards the engine shed from Ludborough station.
Looking northwards towards North Thoresby and the lights of Grimsby, as a very satisfied photographer heads for home.
L&Y no 1300 brings the last train of the weekend into Ludborough station on 1st April 2013.