(photo - courtesy of Lisa Philips)
Gresley A3 pacific 4472 on a special train chartered by the Louth Standard just prior
to closure - seen here just approaching Alford Town
( picture courtesy of Dave and John Terry)
A picture taken in late 1950`s - early 1960`s of a loaded iron ore train heading to Scunthorpe steelworks
(a common sight on the E. Lincs line) having just passed through Alford Town railway station and
now passing over the level crossing north of the station. The lorry most likely belongs to
T W Booton & Son of Huttoft Mill.
An aptly named "Beechings Way" in Alford. The railway crossed the road in front of the snow
covered building - the trackbed now covered by the driveway to a new house.
This and above picture taken Jan 2003