Courtaulds Ltd, Great Coates Works, Grimsby


(photo - courtesy Ernie Brack)
The Courtaulds Ltd factory at Great Coates near Grimsby was built with an extensive railway system and a connection
to the Grimsby to Immingham light railway. Scenes from the late 1950s to mid 1960s.


(photo - courtesy Ernie Brack)
Sentinel vertical boilered no. S9596 of 1955 is seen just after leaving the loco shed (seen in above pic) with the factorys
power house in the background. A pile of locomotive coal is also evident.


(photo - courtesy Ernie Brack)
No. 9596 with 3 brake vans approaching the exchange sidings on the western edge of the site.


(photo - courtesy Ernie Brack)
Now in the exchange sidings with coal wagons (for power house) and carbon disulphide tank wagons for use in
the viscose plant.


(photo - courtesy Ernie Brack)
On the curve towards the factory with two disulphide tanks. The tower of the viscose (Fibro) plant is
seen behind the first tank wagon.

 MORE